22+ Strengths and Weaknesses for an Impressive Job Interviews
If you ever participated in the interview, you must know that the applicants usually get quite weird questions. Some of the questions are tricky, while others are just insane. How should you get prepared for the answers? The most effective way to answer the questions from the employer is to train the answers beforehand. It isn’t possible to learn answers to all the issues that can be asked. However, there are always changes to get ready for the procedure and know what to expect from the interviewer.
Why is it necessary to know what to answer during the interview? In most cases, the interview is usually the last part of the hiring process. When you get requested to manage the interview, you are most likely to enter the company. However, the final result depends on your answers. Being able to hold their interview means you performed better than other candidates. But you still need to be careful when it comes to answering the questions. Your candidacy can be easily rejected if the board disagrees with the answers.
The success of your interpretation, and as a consequence, your offer, depends on the answers you present to the listeners. Some questions are easy, and you don’t need to prepare for them. These can either relate to your data or some working experience. But when it comes to your strengths and weaknesses, things get tough.
Why is it so difficult to perform the answers to such a question? When you hear the question in a room full of other people, you may easily get stuck. Why so? The reasons can be different. First of all, people aren’t used to talking about their strong and weak sides. And if you aren’t prepared well, you will fail this task. The second reason is that sometimes it gets hard to objectively identify what your great and bad sides are.
In this article, you will learn what the examples of the features are. You will also get useful insights about the answers to tricky questions and feel fluent before the interview. It is necessary to make the first impression. For this reason, you need to professionally prepare for the task and feel confident in the process of question and answer session.
List of Strengths & Weaknesses: Learn Professional Answers Here
When you hear this question, what first comes to your mind? What are the characteristics that can be perceived as positive? What are the weaknesses? There’s no such an answer because everything depends on the situation. How do you know what to talk about?
- First of all, you need to figure out the company. What field does it deal with? What are the main values of the company? This is a necessary step to know what specific features of character are valued in the team.
- The second thing is to check if you are going to work in a team or on your own. The list of weak sides, as well as strong sides, will differ then. If you are supposed to work in a team, your leadership skills may be of the second importance. Sometimes it is also necessary to hide your motivation to get to the essence of the problem and conflict with others.
- When you know what kind of company you work with, it is time to read the offer. What are they looking for? In the description of the offer, there must be a clear list of characteristics the employer is expecting from the candidate. You don’t need to copy the list word for word. But you should adjust this list of features to your character. What are the things similar to your way of thinking? If there are any common peculiarities, you should add them to your interview answers.
Answering the question is simple when you get ready properly for the meeting. If you manage all these steps, you can easily prepare for the task. By researching the information about the company and the actual offer on the website, you can learn lots of useful facts and stand out from your competitors.
It is great to know an effective guide to get ready for the meeting. But what if you don’t know what the strengths and weaknesses are? Here are the most shining examples of the traits of characters. These features are thought to be positive. They are usually perceived as strengths:
- Creativity and an interest in new things.
- The ability to adjust to the situations, flexibility.
- Versatile character.
- High level of focus and great attention to detail.
- Motivation to work and show initiatives.
The following list consists of the most vivid examples of weaknesses in the workspace.
- Being insecure either in your appearance or in your proficiency is always thought to be a bad thing when you enter the job.
- If you often resort to self-criticism, you can be perceived badly by the employer.
- Are you highly focused on details? It can be bad. You need to act and not overthink.
- Are you bad at public speech performance? You should master it because the employees are usually engaged in different kinds of events.
- What are your presentation skills? You should work on them, too.
These lists are only the examples of the most basic strengths and weaknesses. You may be highly focused on details and still get a job because you are better at something else. This is not a paramount idea behind the interview with the candidate. However, you still need to make up a list of your character features so that it is easier for you to present everything clearly and coherently.
First, Let’s Start with Your Strengths
When you get the question, you should first start with the strengths. No one will enjoy listening to your weak sides first. For this reason, don’t ask what part to start with. You need to know the order. What is the main fear of the candidates when they are asked the question about the strengths and weaknesses?
It is quite complicated to be objective when you need to describe yourself from a good side. Here you need to take the objective to show your awareness. Here are some of the tips that can help you perform better at the interview:
- First of all, create an approximate list of features. You need to mention several things. Don’t get into too much detail. You should take a professional approach. It is always better to say less but use striking examples. You can choose about 5 to 7 examples that can vividly demonstrate your personality. Listing more can sound weird and may seem to others as boasting.
- Here you need to take two basic perspectives. First off, focus on your professional skills what things are necessary to perform great in the working environment. However, don’t forget about your strengths. It is a good idea to present your strong sides in real life.
- The last working tip is providing examples. If you simply list the features and finish your presentation, your performance won’t be much appreciated by the listeners. For this reason, try to insert some real examples to demonstrate how your strong sides were applied in the working space.
Talking about your strengths can be challenging. But let’s look at the example to make it easier for you. It will help you comprehend the way you need to perform in front of the interviewers.
Examples: Ways to Answer What Your Strengths Are
Now let’s talk about the strong sides of the character. Here are shining examples that may help you orient during the interview:
- I enjoy solving problems. I often help people and make them achieve great results. I am a responsive personality.
- I know the field well. I have been working here for ages. Thus, I can figure out the most sophisticated processes and help others see their faults.
- My greatest skill is empathy. I understand people and can read their emotions. People say they enjoy working with me because I always get their mood and can adjust to it.
Now you have the idea of how to answer the question about your strong sides. There’s nothing complicated. When you behave naturally, you are sure to perform great at this part of the meeting.
Second Part – Your Weaknesses
What is the most devastating thing you can do when answering the question? There are lots of people who don’t talk about their weak sides. The reasons are different. Some applicants aren’t simply prepared well to answer the question because talking about weak sides is always harder. Some candidates consider themselves as perfect employees and feature no weaknesses during the interview. One way or another, it is a wrong tactic, and you should reconsider your position.
To sound professional, you have to present at least some weak side examples. You can name one or two the most vivid ones. You don’t need to list a lot of them. This way, you will only lose from the list of weak sides. Your task is to let the interviewer understand your ability to assess your work objectively.
Don’t know what your real weak sides are? You can easily figure them out. Ask your friends what the most irritating and unprofessional things you can do are. Maybe you are too loud when it is inappropriate to speak? Perhaps, you don’t share your emotions with others and are quite reserved during the workspace? When you ask others, you can get a clear picture of your weak sides.
List of Weaknesses
There are different thoughts related to the weak parts of the people. In most cases, you may see that introverted personalities are thought to be less effective and communicative than others. For this reason, extremely introverted applicants can get rejected because of the specificity of their character.
Another thing here is sensitivity. If you are too sensitive, you can fail the competition and lose the game. It is especially important when top results are at stake. When people know little about finance, their poor financial literacy can be an obstacle to a well-paid job. Let’s take a look at the examples of weak ideas answers. It will help you get to the idea of the correct response.
Examples: The Best Way to Answer What Your Weaknesses Are
How should you answer the question when it comes to weaknesses? Here are some of the examples:
- Sometimes I get too critical when I consider my skills and performance in the project. And this quality can hamper me from moving on until I manage everything perfectly. However, I try to eradicate this side of my personality and become more proactive.
- I am an introvert. I love to spend time on my own. And the same approach I take when working in a team. But I understand how important it is for the position to be engaged in teamwork. So, I’m trying to be more open to people.
- I can give up the task in the process of working on the goal. This is a bad side of me. I am too active and want to participate in different projects.
These are some of the ways you can choose to answer the question. As you can see, you need to name your weakness. But you should also add that you are working on it and want to ameliorate it.
Answering questions can be complicated. You never know how long your interview may be. For this reason, you should get ready for every question from the employers. With this extensive guide, you will be able to manage the questions easily.
Want to Ask for Help?
Writing a resume is a responsible undertaking. Your future career depends on the way you answer the basic questions. If you have fears about writing the paper on your own, you can always ask for professional support online.
Our expert online platform is ready to help you with the task. You can rely on our proficient writers who will cope with CV writing on time. You will receive a well-structured paper meeting all the requirements. No need to stress because of CV writing. If you want to make it easier for you, make sure to ask for additional support online. You are sure to get the best quality services and winning results from us.